Yellow Rose

Walking in faith while I battle ALS.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

We Need Sleep

ZZzzzzzzzzzzz
My husband is wondering why I want to get up at 4:30am ( even though our whole married life I have gotten up then ) because he now has to help me out of bed. I was trying to get back to sleep but I cannot move anything except my hands,toes and mouth, I am laying on a bed that is turned on its wrong side to help me have a harder bed and my back is killing me, ( the bed is only 1 yr old too), I am lying on a wrong pillow that is flat (how that happened I don't know) The pillow is wet from my drooling since I can't move my head and I have a ear plug that was in my ear, stuck in my hair and now I am hearing my husband snoring.................... and he is wondering why I want to get up at 4:30a.m.

Seriously though my husband of 26 years now has to take care of me full time and work and take care of the house. He gets up with me every time at night ,which can be every hour at night, and never complains. Just wish we both could get a good night rest!! ZZZZzzzzzzz.......

8 Comments:

  • At 9:47 AM, Blogger Tammy Brierly said…

    I don't mean to giggle but you paint quite a picture :)

    What works for me:
    Sleepnumber bed- I need soft
    Buy new pillows often
    Oxybutin controls drool & badder
    better ear plugs :)

    Sweet dreams :)

     
  • At 1:16 PM, Blogger Star said…

    Welcome to the blog community, Helen! I saw Tammy's post on her Daily Warrior blog and had to come say hi.

    I have been getting to know Tammy after finding her blog through Poetry Thursday and One Deep Breath. She mentioned that you enjoy poetry also, so I hope you'll consider joining in.

    Star

     
  • At 1:18 PM, Blogger Deb R said…

    Hi Helen! I saw the link to your blog on Tammy's site and just wanted to pop over and "meet" you and say hello. I love slide show photos you have in your sidebar - beautiful!

     
  • At 4:26 PM, Blogger Amber said…

    Welcome Helen! I came over to say hi from The Daily Warrior. I hope blogging turns in to a wonderful blessing for you. ;)

    :)

     
  • At 5:42 PM, Blogger turquoise cro said…

    Are those your grandchildren Helen??? Beauty Full! and YOU are too! and I love that rainbow pic by that old white barn! I came via Tammy too! She's the sweetest soul! YOU will be in my prayers, also Your hubby, HOPE you both get some sweet dream ZZZZZZZZZZzzz's tonight! xo, Cinda aka turquoisecro ps. were you born in Texas? yellow rose???

     
  • At 8:04 PM, Blogger Becca said…

    Welcome to the world of blogging! I visit Tammy's site every day, and she is a wonderful inspiration to me, so I'm sure she will be to you as well.

    I love your photo collage. I'm thinking many of those photos are from Alaska?? Breathtaking-ly beautiful!

    Keep writing, and come visit Sunday Scribblings, One Deep Breath, and Poetry Thursday. There's lots going on :)

     
  • At 5:08 PM, Blogger Belle said…

    Hi Helen,

    I stopped in to visit after reading about you on her blog. I hope to stop by often.

    I can not even imagine how difficult life can be for you. Just the ordinary things can be so hard.

    You have my respect.

     
  • At 8:34 PM, Blogger Joyce Ellen Davis said…

    Hi, Helen! I visit Tammy every day, too! Nice to meet you in this cyberplace we call a blog! It's a lovely place, full of good people with kind hearts and loving words. I enjoyed seeing your pictures: great shots!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home