Yellow Rose

Walking in faith while I battle ALS.

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Life


I am often asked how I am doing. My stock answer is ‘as well as can be expected, under the circumstances.’ The truth is, I’m never sure which part of the question to answer. Life has a kaleidoscopic quality – something beautiful one minute followed by something different the next. Constantly changing, never precisely repeatable – a captivating swirl of events, memories, and emotions. What I’ve noticed this year is that thoughts, events, and emotions swirl by so fast that I don’t have a chance to settle in to a single, enduring reaction to the whole experience. I think I’m glad for that, even though it’s tiring to swing through such a wide array of emotions several times each day. Sometimes I wish desperately for a different reality; sometimes I realize how extremely lucky I have been.

5 Comments:

  • At 8:05 PM, Blogger Julie said…

    A positive attitude is a valuable asset for each of us. I'm glad you're concentrating on the beautiful images the kaleidescope of your days present.

     
  • At 1:41 PM, Blogger Tammy Brierly said…

    You have gone through some tough times and I'm in awe of your bravery. Hang on to the beautiful moments and know I'm here.

    HUGS

     
  • At 2:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My Love,My Yellow Rose,
    Thank you for sharing these feelings. I can relate to your what you share, for from my own perspective I experience the same thing. I found your expression most profound.

     
  • At 9:37 PM, Blogger Kay Cooke said…

    'Life has a kaleidoscopic quality – something beautiful one minute followed by something different the next. Constantly changing, never precisely repeatable – a captivating swirl of events, memories, and emotions.' I love this description of life.
    I trust each twist of the kaleidoscope brings beauty to savour.

     
  • At 8:15 PM, Blogger Jone said…

    We should all remember that life is indeed a kaleidoscope.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home