Yellow Rose

Walking in faith while I battle ALS.

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Meaning of a Dream


Do you ever have a dream that really sticks with you because it was so real to you, well I had a strange one last night. I have a Aunt Ruth that is like a special sister to me.. She has always been there for me and we have gone through alot together in our lifes. She lives in the Mtns of Colorado at 9500 ft in a home that her and her husband built 30 yrs ago and is a familier memory for our family of Birthday parties, New Years Eve Parties etc. The home is located on the side of the Mtn looking East with a million dollar view of the Mtns valleys and Colorado Plains.

My dream starts out with my family up at the house for some gathering and it is almost evening. I look out the side door overlooking their property where I see 2 wolves running across the woods. I yell for everyone to come see and turn around and the wolfs are on the deck looking at me through the door. This startles me and I turn around to run and fall down the stairs into their lower level yelling to my Aunt Ruth I'm falling! This was such a real dream that I really thought I saw some wolves and was falling into a void. What does this dream mean? I am going through so many losses now almost daily and maybe it means that I am running from the things that I fear and seek refuge at a familiar place that means Love and Security.

4 Comments:

  • At 7:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    what a dream. i wonder.

     
  • At 7:51 AM, Blogger Star said…

    I've been having some doozies lately, but I surely can't figure out what any of it means. The best I can say for one of them is that George Clooney made a very platonic appearance.

    Makes you wonder what's going on in your brain when you should be relaxing, doesn't it?

     
  • At 9:09 AM, Blogger Tammy Brierly said…

    I have had similar dreams and I feel like it is my sub-conscious' fear of my mortality. I have a strong faith but fear is part of being human.

    HUGS

     
  • At 8:49 PM, Blogger betty said…

    I loved your poem; and yes, I have had dreams like yours before. I never know what to make of dreams myself. I'm usually happy to wake up from them and realize they were truly just a dream

     

Post a Comment

<< Home