Yellow Rose

Walking in faith while I battle ALS.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Poetry Thursday - Blue


Blue Moon
You saw me standing alone
Without a dream in my heart
Without a love of my own

Blue Moon
You know just what I was there for
You heard me saying a prayer
for Someone I really could care for
And then there suddenly appeared before me
The only one my arms will hold
I heard somebody whisper please adore me
And when I looked to the Moon it turned to gold

Blue Moon
Now I'm no longer alone
Without a dream in my heart
Without a love of my own
Blue Moon

7 Comments:

  • At 7:27 PM, Blogger Joyce Ellen Davis said…

    Helen, your blog is so beautiful -- it just gets better and better! The pictures, the words, all as beautiful as you are.

     
  • At 9:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i love your blog. you have a great talent!

     
  • At 7:29 AM, Blogger Tammy Brierly said…

    Beautiful photograph! I'll go post it :)Who sings that?

     
  • At 9:53 AM, Blogger Jim Brock said…

    Ah, wonderful Lorenz Hart lyrics, who also wrote the wonderful lyrics to My Funny Valentine. Very magical and right!z

     
  • At 9:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love that song--the perfect poem for Blue Thursday.

     
  • At 12:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That's beautiful :)

     
  • At 4:57 AM, Blogger bgfay.com said…

    If you have never heard it, get the Cowboy Junkies album The Trinity Sessions and listen to their version of "Blue Moon" which is the loneliest thing I've heard in ages.

    The juxtaposition of the photo and verse is beautiful.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home