Yellow Rose

Walking in faith while I battle ALS.

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Love you



I want to thank my husband of 26 and 3/4 years of loving and taking care of me. When I was first diagnosed with ALS 2 years ago I only showed a slight limp in my walk. Now I can hardly eat, nor walk or get myself up from a chair or toliet and cannot move myself in bed. The nights are hardest for both of us with me waking up every hour asking to be moved to the only 2 positions that I can sleep. Every night my beloved Husband gets up with every call and adjusts me and covers me up and adjusts the thermostat, since I am either too cold or hot, and gives me a drink. What a blessing. He takes care of me all day and runs the household, cooks, and works. If I didn"t have him I would be in a nursing home with nurses that smell of cigarettes, and I am sure they wouldn't come for ever call I made. Their would be indifferance and carelessness from some caretakers and this would be a nightmare for me. You see as I get worse I will become paralyzed by not being able to move, but I can still feel pain and discomfort on my body and my mind will be all intact. I will not lose any of my mental abilities.

I am so thankful I have a Husband that will and can take care of me through this awful nightmare we both are dealing with. Thank you sweetie and I love you more than I can express! .... suffering is made bearable by feeling your Love!!!

4 Comments:

  • At 10:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You're welcome my love. You would have done as much or more for me, and you would have done it better. But thank you for appreciating my best, flawed as it may be. You ARE my Yellow Rose and I love you dearly! xxxoooxxx

     
  • At 10:58 AM, Blogger Becca said…

    It warms my heart to hear of love and devotion like this. Bless you both...

     
  • At 2:55 PM, Blogger Julie said…

    thank you for allowing us to share in witnessing a love a great as yours is

    "love endures all things"

     
  • At 9:04 AM, Blogger Tammy Brierly said…

    Oh Helen, he is truly a gem and I'm sure you inspire him everyday! Love is a powerful medicine! John you are a rockin angel!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home