Yellow Rose

Walking in faith while I battle ALS.

Monday, October 02, 2006

Ghost of Past


I made a mistake.

I moved away.

I left Denver for Las Vegas 6 years ago and built a new life.

I am now terminally ill and live in a city with inadequate medical care, and isolated from my family.
Except for my Aunt and my brother - the rest of my family is scattered emotionally if not physically from me . And each year, the realization has sunk in a bit more.

This is something I must let go, so that what I want doesn't tarnish what I have. It was incredibly unrealistic and selfish of me to think that the old life would wait for me. That time hadn't marched on everywhere.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:08 PM, Blogger Tammy Brierly said…

    I'm sorry it worked out this way but I'm sure there are good things about Vegas. You always have me:)

    HUGS

     

Post a Comment

<< Home