Yellow Rose

Walking in faith while I battle ALS.

Monday, September 25, 2006

Blessed to have another year




I have survived another year with ALS and my birthday is Friday. I was reflecting on my past wonderful birthdays I have had in my 53 years. I remember the year I came home after working out in a aerobics class and walked into my home filled with family and friends for a surprise party. I remember on my 40th birthday, I came down in the morning to 40 Roses and 40 Balloons. I remember when I was young it was always the day that I could pick what I wanted to eat for dinner ,spaghetti and meatballs Yummy! One Birthday when we were living in Colorado my husband and I went on a beautiful drive over Trail Ridge to see the Autumn colors and what a glorious day it was with clear blue skies, crisp air. One year I climbed the largest 14,000ft Mountain in Colorado on my birthday and it snowed on us coming down. The beauty of that day is forever imprinted into my mind. I have been so blessed to have a family that Loves me and has given me such Joy in my life.

3 Comments:

  • At 2:37 PM, Blogger Tammy Brierly said…

    Woohoo! One more year of hope and life! You look so happy and that is my wish for you, to feel JOY!

    I loved talking on the phone :)

    XXOO

     
  • At 5:08 PM, Blogger Becca said…

    Happy Happy Birthday! It sounds like you've had some really memorable celebrations in your life so far, and I hope there are many, many more :)

     
  • At 10:18 AM, Blogger Julie said…

    Wishing you the happiest of birthdays, Helen.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home