Yellow Rose

Walking in faith while I battle ALS.

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Control


I have been always in control of situations in my life until this disease, When I gained weight I was in control to lose it and when I was sick with bad allergies I could control my environment and take medicine to help me feel better. I took control of a bad situation for my 2 young children and myself with a bad early marriage and went to school to be able to support my young family and get out of the marriage. I took control of taking care of my parents during their illnesses. I took control of the situation when my 3 year old niece was kidnapped out of her own home and was able to get help to find her after 2 weeks of terror. Now that I have found out I have ALS everything is out of control. I have to remember that none of us are ever really in control that wih one situation our whole lives can change. Only God is in control and I have to let go and trust.

5 Comments:

  • At 6:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Not being in control can be one of the hardest things to deal with - the feeling of helplessness, of being in charge of what is going on, of not being able to affect what is going on. I hope you have the strength to trust in God.

     
  • At 1:33 PM, Blogger turquoise cro said…

    Thinking of YOU and hoping my prayers comfort you, going to church in a bit, I'm sorry you have ALS Helen, God Bless you! xxooxox

     
  • At 4:17 PM, Blogger betty said…

    amen to that; the Lord is in control and once we realize that and give Him the control; it makes things a lot easier to deal with

     
  • At 8:09 AM, Blogger Tammy Brierly said…

    Let go let God! I love this and live this but of course I must take an active role :)

     
  • At 4:06 PM, Blogger Joyce Ellen Davis said…

    Helen, I think you have learned a real truth--maybe the hardest thing we all will have to learn. I think we all need to get up in the middle of the night and look at the moon and clouds more often, and not always need to be in control.

    My brother, who has been a professional musician all his life, a composer, travelling the world with the symphony (he played French horn)-- now suddenly (all within the last 2 1/2 years) finds himself with Parkinsons, MS, and diabetes, and he can no longer see, or feed himself, or walk...and yet he lives with such extreme dignity and good humor. I sense the same spirit in you and in Tammy--you are all WARRIORS!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home