Yellow Rose

Walking in faith while I battle ALS.

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Poetry Thursday- "Time"

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

To every thing there is a season,
and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
A time to be born, a time to die;
a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
A time to kill, and a time to heal;
a time to break down, and a time to build up;
A time to weep, and a time to laugh;
a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together;
a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
A time to get, and a time to lose;
a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
A time to rend, and a time to sew;
a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
A time to love, and a time to hate;
A time of war, and a time of peace.

5 Comments:

  • At 8:26 AM, Blogger betty said…

    this is one of my favorite passages in the Bible; thanks for posting it

     
  • At 8:35 AM, Blogger Tammy Brierly said…

    What perfect choice for Poetry Thursday! I added your entry to the club :) Beautiful!

     
  • At 1:13 PM, Blogger turquoise cro said…

    One of my Fav's too Helen! Thanks! xo

     
  • At 4:11 PM, Blogger Becca said…

    Perfect choice, Helen, and one of my all time favorite scriptures.
    Of course, it also makes me think of that old song from the 60's - althoug I can't remember the name of the group, I can hear the melody very plainly.

    Thanks for sharing this - it's always a "timely" piece of scripture :)

     
  • At 10:34 AM, Blogger Star said…

    I, like Becca, was hearing the 60s tune going round and round in my brain as I worked on my laptop last night. Great choice!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home